On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 01:59:36AM +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > During installation it asks me to choose a menu location, and offers
> > "Extras" by default.  It would be better to offer "Games" by default --
>
> Hm... I installed it also today ;-) and I remember it asks for "Games". Two
> possible reasons:
> Maybe it is because I use 2006-39-14 and you not (just guessing) or

I also use this version.

> application installer remembers the place where a package was installed
> before. Don't know...

Could be.  I installed a game, chose "games", installed another game,
noticed that it offers "games", thought "hmm, nice, but it'd be even
nicer if it didn't bother me with silly questions", then reflashed and
the installer offered the default choice -- "extras" -- for bomberman.

> > and I've seen games that do that.  It would be best to not distract the
> > user with silly questions and always add the menu item in the Games
> > menu.
>
> Anyone from nokia/maemo team who knows the answer?

Time to RTFM?

http://maemo.org/platform/docs/howtos/howto_making_an_application_package.html#utilities

        - maemo-select-menu-location <app>.desktop [default-folder]

        The default-folder parameter is optional, and when given
        determines the default folder of the menu entry. If you omit it,
        the menu entry will appear in "Extras".

So, it *is* possible.

Marius Gedminas
--
I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped right
there!!