Hi,

ext william maddler wrote:
first of all I have to say that I am *very* impressed by the N800, great
 device!

By the way, I just found metalayer-crawler0 is eating up a lot of CPU, I
have 4 processes, and at least one is eating at least 50% of my CPU, all
the time.

How did you trigger that (what did you do before that)?

Did it eventually stop using the CPU (without rebooting)
i.e. is this a temporary problem?

If you reboot, can you get it again to consume that much CPU
i.e. is the problem (easily) re-producable?

Could you file a bug to Maemo bugzilla about this (with the above info)
and send link to the bug here?

As far as I discovered, metalayer-crawler is in charge of collecting
"information about the comings and goings of media files in the system.
The metadata of media files is automatically extracted using
Libmetalayer for other applications to use."

I ended up to completely disable the daemon.

My questions:

1) Has anyone else experienced same problem.
2) Could the absence of the daemon, be a problem for other applications
(i.e. Media Player)?

Not sure, but I think Mediaplayer gets the files in its "library"
from the crawler database.

        - Eero