I'm so sorry... Really, I'm terribly ashamed. My Java experiment didn't work
properly. It was just a misunderstanding. It is true that the online banking
pages started to work good after installing that JVM, but it was a
coincidence. I've tested it and realized that those online banks don't run
java applets on their sites. What really happened is that after installing
the minimo, java and other related packages, I probably updated a damaged
library that blocked me from entering those banking sites previously to the
JVM installation.

Fucking idiot (I am).

2007/1/27, Larry Battraw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 1/26/07, sebastian maemo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Wahlau:

(snip)

> So you run your pre-installed browser (that is an Opera version), and go
> the maps.google.com webpage. You don't need to install anything. If you
wait
> a few seconds for the webpage to download, you'll see the typical map
view
> and even satellite or hybrid view if you like.

I think we may have a misunderstanding here.  Google Maps is based on
JavaScript --no relation to Java-- and works without a JVM.  I have a
770 that has been freshly flashed which shows Google Maps just fine.

Larry