On 1/29/07, Jonathan Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

It seems there is no standard for how developers design home screen
applets.  I'd like to see there be a mandatory resize function so you
could make sure that things could be smaller or larger as needed.  Two
examples are the GPE-Calendar and Canola applets which I'd make
smaller.

Although it shouldn't be mandatory as some applets will break visually
if they are resized (e.g. the clock).

Maemo 3 includes a resize API, but other applets haven't yet been
updated to use it.

In the mean time, it's possible to *force* GPE Calendar (and others as
well) to be resizable:

http://www.maemopeople.org/index.php/jaffa/2007/01/29/resizing_gpe_calendar_on_os_2007

HTH,

Andrew