I'll have to investigate the manual config, but seems like something
is simply wrong to me.  Though there were supposed to be standards for
these keys so all supported devices spoke the same language.

My AP was configured first, that's how I was presented with the key
question on the N800... for now though I'll just go without
encryption.  It's very unlikely that someone would be sitting on my
driveway or walking outside my house scanning the wireless network...
;)

On 2/17/07, Zoran Kolic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just purchased a new Apple Airport Extreme and I have tried several
> times to enter the Pre-shared key, but it seems to be exactly 1
> character longer than I am allowed to enter on the N800...

I don't know this gadget, but looks strange that you cannot change options.
If not, give it back and take linksys wrt54gl or similar.
Key for wpa2 should be 25 or more characters long. Worked from first time
for 770, "wpa2 only" and "g only". I suggest you first configure ap and then
search for connection, if possible on 800.

                                    Zoran

Jonathan Greene
m 917.560.3000
AIM / iChat - atmasphere