For now though the average user is SOL on restoring apps.  The backup
does seem to preserve your prefs and settings which is certainly
helpful, but far from ideal.

On 3/23/07, मयंक जैन (makuchaku) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 3/23/07, Tim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, so I thought making a backup would back up all of my apps & settings as
> well as all of the system stuff... I was wrong and now all of my apps are
> gone after upgrading to the latest firmware.
>
>  I understand that I am out of luck in this case, but in the future... Is
> there a way to backup my apps & settings as well?

You were backing up data from your flash or memory card?
If flash - have a look at
http://www.makuchaku.info/blog/dual-booting-your-n800-a-few-tips & try
the step 8

I copied my flash to my MMC & everything was preserved - each configuration!

:)
Maku

Jonathan Greene
m 917.560.3000