On Tue, Mar 27, 2007 at 10:51:10AM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> >I just recharged my new N800 and found that it won't boot.
> >Push power button, blue light comes on, Nokia screen appears,
> >blue light goes out, screen goes dark.  Repeatedly.  I pulled
> >the battery out and then put it back in.  Is there anything
> >else I should try?
> >
> >Frustratingly, I had just installed the new camera app which
> >worked very well for me.  And I was just preparing to flash
> >the new image.
> >:-(
>
> You should be able to upgrade to the new version (3.2007.10-7). It might
> be enough to fix the problem.

In trying to flash, I never got beyond the "Suitable USB device not
found, waiting" point.  Now, the N800 will no longer power up via the
power button.  It will sometimes (briefly) display the opening "Nokia"
screen when the external power is plugged in (or wiggled).

Is it time to send it to Nokia?

I wonder what the hardware failure rate on these things is?

--
Willie, ONWARD!  Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime  373 days 16 hours 39 minutes