Neither the 770 or n800 support USB host mode out-of-box. For the 770[1],
you can use a USB hub and power injector to get working USB support for USB
devices. I don't believe this is possible for the n800... at least not yet.

The keyboard Nick is talking about is a bluetooth keyboard. There is very
good support for bluetooth keyboards that support the bluetooth HID spec,
which is most of them.

[1]http://maemo.org/maemowiki/Easy_USB_Host_Hub_setup?highlight=%28usb%29

--Paul

On Thu, Apr 12, 2007 at 11:22:02AM -0600, Dr. Nicholas Shaw wrote:
> Yes.  I use a portable stowaway with excellent results.  Others use the
> Nokia Bluetooth keyboard.  The main difference between the two is the
fifth
> row for the stowaway and, I believe, dedicated keys on the Nokia
keyboard.

> Nick Shaw.

Maybe I should have been more specific -- is it just a few specific
keyboards that work with the N770 or N800, or any USB keyboard at all?
And is there a differentce between the N770 and N800 in this regard?

I have an alphasmart keyboard, and it has the best feel of any keyboard
I've ever used.  I'd like to be able to use it, when convenient, with
any hand-held machine I get.

-- hendrik

[EMAIL PROTECTED]