Jean-Luc,

I un-installed the prior version successfully but the new version does not show up in the application manager even after doing a cold restart. The entries listed in my catalog list include the following:

   Nokia Catalogue
   Nokia Catalogue (3rd party software)
   maemo-hackers
   bora-extras
   mg
   maemo.org.br
   maemo repository

Any ideas of what to try next?

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi,
If a previous version is already installed, the new 2.9.0 doesn't
appear in applications manager. Uninstall the previous version to have
the new version in applications manager. It's not really a problem
because the parameters and the mailboxes are not deleted.

Jean-Luc Biord

Jean-Luc,

is there a clear explanation somewhere of the procedure for upgrading then N800 from one release of claws-mail to the next? For example,
using the application installer, is it possible to simply install a
new version "on top" of the old version, or must the old version
first be uninstalled?

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Acadia Secure Networks

GSEC Gold, GCWN Gold, GGSC-0100, NSA-IAM, NSA-IEM
*serving the SmartDigital^TM home, entrepreneurial enterprise, and emerging network service provider markets***

* ***

(M) 703 407 2278

(F)  703 620 5388

primary email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

backup email address:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jean-Luc Biord wrote:
Please verify if you have added the repository as explained here :
www.claws-mail.org/maemo (I modified his contents)

JL

Great thanks.

However, i do not see claws on the list of installable
applications anymore.  I have tried to refresh and what have you,
but no difference.

JL wrote:
Ok repository is updated. Please remove the claws-mail package
previously installed. Update your aplications manager to refresh
the dependencies then reinstall the package (and say me if it
works)