On 5/8/07, Ralph Angenendt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Eero Tamminen wrote:
> > > Omeweather turned out to be it, it looks like.  I need to do some more
> > > tests to conclusively prove it, but it looks like I had set omweather
> > > (version 0.17.2) to "never" update, and my guess that set the interval
> > > time to 0, and that seems to have triggered some continue loop.
> > > Setting the interval time to 4 hours seems to have extended my battery
> > > life.
> >
> > AFAIK it can also make desktop take all the memory in the device within
> > day or two and make some of the other applets not to work.
>
> That seems to have been fixed in one of the last updates to omweather. I
> haven't seen massive memory consumption from omweather during the last
> weeks.

Good news ... maybe I will try using it again as it was causing
spontaneous rebooting on my N800 when I had the applet enabled. As
soon as I turned it off, my N800 has been rock solid. I think that I
had it never to update too so that quirk that Theodore pointed out is
illuminating. Hopefully that gets fixed too.

/Mike