Hi,

I've got my n800 last week and i have the same feeling too - the soft case
is more like eye candy than something i can rely on. I even found out if i
look the screen and slide the device in the case, if the screen is tapped it
will still brighten up as if it is ready to be used, although i have
manually locked the screen.

kind of funny i must say, perhaps i am just a newbie :)

wahlau.

On 16/05/07, Marius Gedminas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 10:33:16PM +0200, Klaus Rotter wrote:
> James Knott schrieb:
> > Mine came with the CP-136 soft case.  It's a gray, sort of fake suede.
>
> I think the soft case shipped with the N800 makes the situation worse. I
> dropped my N800 two times (without damaging it!) because it slips out of
> the soft case. Now I use a neoprene soft case with a zip. The alu case
> of the N770 wasn't ideal either, but I think it was better than the soft
> case supplied with the N800.

I suddenly feel better about not using that case.

Marius Gedminas
--
The *REAL* Y2K is the year 2048.