I have just checked Nokia and Nseries websites and the case is there:
http://europe.nokia.com/n800case

http://www.nseries.com/index.html#l=products,n800,accessories

On the other hand, are you comparing the N800 case people has been
asking for with
http://www.openmoko.com/products-neo-advanced-00-develkit.html ?

I have carried Openmoko's 'mysterious black box' and it's pretty cool.
Hackers love it, well done. But it's nothing you drop in your pocket.
It's simply not a case.

Quim