James Knott wrote:
> I have no use for those who insist we shouldn't ask for things because
> it's an "internet tablet".
> The N800 is a very capable device that could do a lot more if certain
> people would just get over that "internet tablet" speed bump.

Well said that man!

I for one, would like to see the N800 get proper celluar phone
capabilities.  The new Blackberry that is about to be released, is
coming with WiFi built in, including a whole host of other utilties.
Okay so its not a Linux box, but it is a very hearty Java box and one
can extend the bejesus out of it that way.

So, with the likes OpenMoko, iPhone and Blackberry champing at the
heels, its time for the N800 to evolve and add that last missing piece
in terms of hardware, and then let the community provide the software.

The N800 is SO CLOSE to being the only device i carry around -- except
for the phone!  Now it would appear in a few months, i am going to have
a number of real alternatives for me to ponder.

--
Alan Williamson
  "a wiki -and- a blog" @ http://www.Blog-City.com/

  b: http://alan.blog-city.com/