"ext Graham Cobb" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> "Click to install" doesn't work on the 770.

It works 'somwewhat'.  The Application Manager will silently ignore
files that are not compatible with the 770 instead of complaining
loudly.  (I don't really remember if there was a good reason for this
or if I just screwed up.  I guess I just screwed up.  But then again I
didn't expect that version of the AM to stick around for so long...)

But, downloads.maemo.org claims that GPE Calendar works with both IT
OS 2007 and IT OS 2006, so the .install file should have entries for
both.  It only has one for IT OS 2007, tho, and that is the problem:

    [install]
    repo_name = GPE main
    repo_deb_3  = deb http://www.cobb.uk.net/apt/ bora user
    package   = gpe-calendar

> You have to add the repository to the Application Manager by hand.
> In the Application Manager, use the Tools/Application
> catalogue... menu item and add a new catalogue.  If you go to
> http://www.cobb.uk.net/770 you will see the details you need to
> enter (you want the "gregale" distribution).

Then the .install file should look like this:

    [install]
    repo_name = GPE main
    repo_deb    = deb http://www.cobb.uk.net/apt/ gregale user
    repo_deb_3  = deb http://www.cobb.uk.net/apt/ bora user
    package   = gpe-calendar

Graham, can you relay that information to the right people?