I use N800 as a control panel for open source home automation systems
Plutohome and LinuxMCE. It works much better then 770. Moreover, one friend
of mine managed to setup it as Asterisk soft phone. It works like a charm.
As I see N810 is more appropriate choice for personal using: slide keyboard
and built-in GPS are very useful. But N800 now is just $250! So, it's a good
opportunity to buy it.

On 10/30/07, Jon Dodson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ive checked the specs and pricing on the n800 and i was wondering if
> anyone had some honest feedback after using it for a few months++.  The
> review sites rate it based on a few days of use(if that) and thats not a
> really good review of how good or bad it is.
>
> i am a power user who plans on installing apt, bash, ssh(client) and
> mplayer, etc to get stuff to work like it were a small(form factor)
> laptop.   with that specifically:
>
> can i plug in usb stuff to it?  i can get usb converters i dont care about
> that.
>
> do bluetooth headsets work with it?  as in you got something to work?  if
> so what kind?
>
> battery is advertised to be about 3 hours for wifi and 5 for video, does
> that seem to mesh with your experience?
>
> does the battery life degrade over time badly?
>
> did you find yourself needing more than the two flash card slots?  do you
> use more than 4 gigs of storage(2 gig sd seems cheap now).
>
> how is the UI overall?  i can console but i do enjoy ease of use(i find
> gnome easy to use).
>
> appreciate the feedback(if any).
>
> --
> -jon