Hi All,

I am new to N800 and added some repositories in my n800 following the
information in this page:
http://maemo.org/community/wiki/applicationrepositories/

One package I installed "ncurses-bin" is not properly installed (maybe
network problem) it shows red icon and exclamation mark from application
manager and only have 0KB.

I tried to ssh into N800 use following command:
apt-get remove ncurses-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  ncurses-bin
WARNING: The following essential packages will be removed.
This should NOT be done unless you know exactly what you are doing!
  ncurses-bin
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives.
After unpacking 0B of additional disk space will be used.
You are about to do something potentially harmful.
To continue type in the phrase 'Yes, do as I say!'
 ?] Yes, do as I say!
dpkg: error processing ncurses-bin (--remove):
 Package is in a very bad inconsistent state - you should
 reinstall it before attempting a removal.
 ncurses-bin

It seems ask me to install it again, then I tried the following

Nokia-N800-39:~# apt-get install ncurses-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  ncurses-bin
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 21 not upgraded.
2 not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B/140kB of archives.
After unpacking 414kB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  ncurses-bin
Install these packages without verification [y/N]? Y
Selecting previously deselected package ncurses-bin.
(Reading database ...
dpkg: serious warning: files list file for package `ncurses-bin'
missing, assuming package has no files currently installed.
16501 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace ncurses-bin 5.5-1mh2
(using .../ncurses-bin_5.5-1mh2_armel.deb) ...
mv: cannot rename '/usr/bin/clear': No such file or directory
Leaving diversion unchanged
Unpacking replacement ncurses-bin ...
dpkg: error
processing /var/cache/apt/archives/ncurses-bin_5.5-1mh2_armel.deb
(--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/bin/clear', which is also in package busybox
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
BusyBox v1.4.1 (2007-03-12 19:00:25 EET) multi-call binary

Usage: mv [OPTION]... SOURCE DEST
or: mv [OPTION]... SOURCE... DIRECTORY

dpkg-divert: Unknown diversion
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
 /var/cache/apt/archives/ncurses-bin_5.5-1mh2_armel.deb
Nokia-N800-39:~#

Anyone can help me to correct this problem, many thanks

Y.Wang