Hi,

ext [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I just ordered a N800 from Buy.com  during their Thanksgiving promotion ($190
> USD).   I also ordered a iGo Stowaway keyboard from Amazon.com ($30 USD).
> I'm looking forward to reciving it; I've wanted one of these since the 770
> was introduced.
>
> Now I need to select some memory.
>
> I've read the Patriot Class 6 16GB module works with the N800 but I think 8GB
> is probably enough for me.  Any reason I should get 16GB rather than 8GB?
> Video storage, map caching, web caching?

Only cards upto 8GB are officially tested and supported.

> Is Patriot memory a good choice?  Should I consider anything else?
>
> Does 16GB draw more power and substantially drain the battery?

It depends more on the manufacturer and model I think, but if those
are the same, yes it could be so.

It would be nice if some instance would be measuring and publishing
this kind of information on the memory cards so that mobile device
users could opt for more environment-friendly ("green") memory cards...

        - Eero