"ext Joshua Layne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am new to the list - just bought an N810 - having fun with it, but am
> experiencing some frustration with my work network (WPA 1/2 - Cisco WLAN
> with MS IAS RADIUS backend (PEAP MSCHAPv2)) - I can't connect to the
> network.  I can connect to a guest SSID that is open (same access points
> broadcast multiple SSIDs), but I really need access to the secured WLAN.

Do you see any errors? How does it fail?

First I recommend you to try different settings from N810, especially
the ones in advanced dialog. For example, I have heard cases of some
Radius servers which require some special username and such.

But if you don't get it working, I recommend you to file a bug. But it
just might be a some configuration issue in N810, WLAN EAP is a tricky
business.

> I have successfully connected to this same network using wpa_supplicant, so
> I know it is possible, but wpa_supplicant doesn't seem to (yet?) be
> available for OS2008

Can you post your wpa_supplicant settings (with a fake password, of
course)?

>> I would guess that it's a Wireless Extension problem. I did some
>> changes for cx3110x in OS2008 and that most probably broke the
>> backwards compatiblity with wlancond from OS2007.
>>
>> Wireless Extensions is a bit of a challenge, to put it mildly. The
>> worst Linux kernel interface I have seen :/
>>

> Does this seem related? Should I expect a fix on this? Should I
> submit a bug? WPA-PSK seems to work fine (home network)

These guys are hacking os2007 kernel to work with os2008 rootfs (or
was it vice versa, I don't remember anymore). That's very experimental
and definitely not supported. Your problem is not related to this in
anyway, don't worry.

--
Kalle Valo