>IMHO all IT OS 2008 themes look better than any of the 2007 ones
>(which I found a bit garish), but all that's a matter of taste.

One of the major changes in the desktop has been incorporating composite
effects into it, thus to make
it more appealing to the eye. And in my opinion, it looks much better than the
previous version, but
that is just my personal opinion. At least our team (see hildon-desktop
ChangeLog for more details from stage.maemo.org svn) did a lots
of work to enable eye-candy composite effects that were thought to be
technologically not possible on the platform
before.

Best Wishes,
Karoliina