are you running 2008 with smbbrowser? I installed it, but it just dies at run time.
Chris On Jan 6, 2008 1:03 PM, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Ok, tx. Removed the old and did a "apt-get install samba-common=3.0.22-3" > Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. I must have a repo > with a higher version. > > Tx > > Chris > > > > On Jan 6, 2008 10:45 AM, sebastian maemo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > wrote: > > > Hi Chris: > > > > I've also installed samba-common and smbfs (by the way, I recommend you > > smbbrowser...). > > > > It's true that smbfs depends on samba-common version 3.0.22-3 and not > > any other one... > > > > I've got installed that precise version... > > > > Why is your system going to install version 3.0.23c-1??? Just because it > > is always going to install the newest version that may be found in the > > repositories. > > > > So you have two possibilities: > > > > 1. Change your repositories to older ones (at least momentarily)... > > > > 2. Change the configuration of your system in order to force it to > > install an older version of samba-common. > > > > Do you need more help on any of these? > > > > Salut, > > Sebas. > > > > > > > > 2008/1/6, Chris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: > > > > > I'm trying to install smbfs and smbclient but keep running into > > > dependency problems: > > > > > > smbclient: Depends: samba-common (= 3.0.22-3) but 3.0.23c-1osso6 is > > > to be installed > > > smbfs: Depends: samba-common (= 3.0.22-3 ) but 3.0.23c-1osso6 is to > > > be installed > > > > > > I'm also baffled why the Application Manager does not show > > > samba-common as a package, but command line does. Funky.. > > > > > > Any who, trying to get these packages to mount Samba directory on my > > > Gutsy box. Or do I need them? > > > > > > TIA > > > Chris > > > > >
_______________________________________________ maemo-users mailing list [email protected] https://lists.maemo.org/mailman/listinfo/maemo-users
