Jesper wrote:

> And at any rate, is there a way to get access to the rootfs on the
> device, to fix/recover whatever's causing trouble?

Well, unless you flashed initfs with bootmenu and usb network recovery
mode then probably no.

> I really don't want
> to flash and loose all of my stuff, again..

Then you may still flash already prepared initfs image for your firmware
version with linux USB flasher and use usb network recovery mode to ssh
in and fix stuff. If you have no such image you may try get it from
somewhere. But I'm afraid it is not legal for anyone to send it to you :-)

> I'll have to look into
> using my SD card as a rootfs, again :) Makes it a lot easier to
> recover.

Yes, definitely :-) Also the USB networking recovery mode allows you to
fix rootfs in internal flash so you have some recovery options even
without cloning system to SD.

Frantisek