Don't know -- same thing for the n800.  I've been getting the same message for the weather report desktop app -- Since around Christmas.   The map and weather apps seem to work fine, so I've got to the point of just checking to see if it's been cleared up once a week or so.

On a similar note -- my app manager seems to continually hang at downloading updated catalogs at about 1 meg.

One must gather that this is the sort of stuff one must come to expect when depending upon open source freeware support?

In other words, ignore it.

Ove Nordstrom wrote:

I have N810 with latest version OS2008. My maps application has version 2.2.6.377. Under Check for updates in the Application manager an update for map shows up with version number 2.2.6.377-1. I want to update to it, but get this error

Unable to install
Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system. Contact software author.

What to do?

It also look like the newest version is 2.3.1

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.19.8/1235 - Release Date: 1/21/2008 9:39 AM

--

Always, Dr Fred C
[EMAIL PROTECTED]