Marius Gedminas wrote:
> Why are SDHC cards limited to 32GB?  It's not a filesystem limitation --
> FAT32 supports up to 8TB, if I can trust Wikipedia.  And SDHC cards
> use sector addressing instead of byte addressing, which hints at a limit
> of at least 1TB (2GB limit of standard SD cards * 512 bytes per sector).

FAT32 is not very practical system for sizes over 32GB. Even Windows
refuses to format partitions over 32GB with FAT32. I guess FAT table is
too large to be efficiently handled by memory restricted devices.

See table and explanation here
http://www.storagereview.com/guide2000/ref/hdd/file/partFAT32.html

I wonder if they will agree on some different filesystem for bigger
cards or try to stretch FAT32 beyond 32GB.

Frantisek