Alfredo J. Fabretti wrote:
On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 4:01 PM, Alfredo J. Fabretti
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 3:54 PM, Mark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
 > This sounds like a truly "killer app", as it uses vector maps rather
 >  than converting everything to raster as Maemo Mapper does. However, I
 >  can't get it to build and install, and the documentation is currently
 >  extremey thin.
 >
 >  Mark

Hello, you can find the packages here: http://www.tecdencia.net/navit/

Thanks! I installed libgarmin, but unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the NavIT download link; I get this message:
"Not Acceptable
An appropriate representation of the requested resource /navit/downloads/navit-cvs20080313.deb could not be found on this server."

How hard is it to build and package these? Would it be an imposition to ask for a step-by-step? I tried to build NavIT but got stuck with some errors. I probably didn't know enough to properly set all the options in the config files.

The reason I'm asking is that if I can see what I did wrong with this, it may help me build other apps in the future.

Thanks,
Mark