On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Chuck Robey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Second, if I have the machine hooked up to the power supply, I want to have
>  the machine NEVER dim the screen, NEVER have the machine go to sleep.  Is
>  there any way to go about this?

Just tap on the screen brightness control icon. Under the graphic
brightness level bar is a settings link. Tap on that, and in the
settings screen that comes up there's an option to keep the screen
from dimming when on external power. I don't have my N800 handy at the
moment, so I can't give you the exact names of things, but that's
where it is. (There's apparently no way to keep it from dimming while
on internal battery, although you can increase the time.)

>  Lastly, is there some way to cause this machine to go into a sleeping mode,
>  so it doesn't need full reboot?  If I do that, how do I go about safely
>  waking the machine back up again?
>
>  Thanks, fellas!

I would be interested in this as well. I don't know of any mode other
than the previously mentioned "Lock buttons and touch screen" mode,
which only does that and blanks the screen. It doesn't actually put it
in a sleep or standby mode. I use that mode when I'm using it as an
mp3 player in my fanny pack. I sure wish it came with a hardshell
case. I can't even find one online.

Mark