Hi,

ext Kevin T. Neely wrote:
> I also have a #3:
>
>     3.  Sometimes, when I switch the keyboard on,
> the first couple letters I type cause the entire
> tablet to halt for a second, minimizes all the
> applications, and the desktop applets disappear.

I think this is Desktop crashing and system restarting it.
When Desktop notices that it has been restarted by the
system, it intentionally disables all applets.  This is
to prevent bad applets from causing device to go into
reboot loop.

> A reboot brings everything back.
 >
> Until then, the device seems to operate well enough,
> but I try to reboot asap.

I think you have a bad applet on your desktop.
Rebooting doesn't help more, the Desktop restart
already got rid of it. :-)

        - Eero