> I'm using a n800 with the factory-installed OS.
>
> Does the Contacts application really provide no way to enter a street
> address, that is, a regular postal mailing address, the plain old
> physical-letter-in-a-physical-envelope-with-a-stamp-on-it kind of address?
>  People still do need to write letters on paper sometimes.
>
> When I select contact->New Contact I get to provide First Name, Last Name,
> Nickname, E-mail, and Jabber.  For a while I was astounded that there
> was no provision for a phone number.  But then I discovered I could also
> choose Add Field  and get to provide E-mail (again?) Phone,
> Web Address, and Jabber (again?).
>
> But no plain old old-fashioned address.  I don't even need to
> formally split into street names and numbers, etc.
> Just a plain old multi-line text field would do (Unicode or UTF-8
> preferred, of course).

I find that Pimlico Contacts does this job rather well. Whether Pimlico
is a good suite or not seems to be a hotly debated issue. I have kept my
nose out of that issue and have maintained blissful ignorance to its
flaws, whatever they be. The reason I like it for contacts is because it
talks to the contacts system built in to Maemo. Regrettably, the
integration of the chat system and the rest of contacts seems to produce
nothing but messes for me, likely because I frequently talk to myself
over a variety of messaging protocols, but I am sure other people see
different results.

Rather importantly, Pimlico does custom fields, and (I believe...) uses
Evolution.

Bye,
-Dylan

PS: Oh, and hi, list!