Eero Tamminen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ext Jesper Cheetah wrote:
>> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 11:48:00PM -0400, Jonathan Greene wrote:
>>> install becomeroot - http://www.gronmayer.com/it/dl.php?id=136
>> Are you sure that's still necessary? I'm fairly confident that for the
>> last.. several firmware versions, at least since xterm became default,
>> I've been able to just jump right in and do sudo gainroot.
>
> Are you using RD mode?  I think RD mode setting is in the CAL area[1].
> At least it's not cleared when you flash the device.
>

>       - Eero
>
> [1] What is CAL:
> http://www.internettablettalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=186507

Well, as someone with a fairly new and fairly clean N800 - sudo gainroot doesn't
work for me after flashing Diablo (never tried before though).

It says:
  cal_read_block(.......  block not found?
  Enable RD mode to gain root privileges

My approach has been (just naturally did this)

* install ssh server/client
* type in root passwd
* ssh [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Done.
No CAL, pills or anything else (though it does look like I cant use su/sudo)

David