From: Denis Dimick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 2008年7月15日 0:26
To: Marius Vollmer
Cc: Zhenghe Zhang; maemo-users@maemo.org
Subject: Re: About Process

I think Marius is correct, apt-get will spawn child process, one for each
repository, hoever, when downloading and installing via "apt-get install" there
should only be one http process running to retrieve the application for install.

Denis

On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 7:06 AM, Marius Vollmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

"ext Zhenghe Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If you want to download three packages ,you will see three processes of
> "/usr/lib/apt/methods/http". And if you want to download ten package
> ,you will see ten processes.

I don't think this is true.  Apt-get will use one "http" process per server
for parallel downloading, not one per package.

> I want to ask you about controling the processes of "http".I would like
> to limit the number of the process when download many packages.

You can use the Acquire::Queue-Mode setting.  See the "apt.conf" man
page.

Since we have so many repositories and since that seems to cause some
problems, we should probably use

   Acquire::Queue-Mode "access";

by default.