[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>> I have tried several times to install scratchbox and other soeftware for
>>> maemo development on my Debian system, and have not succeeded.  There
>>> seem to be instructions and relevant repositories secreted in carious
>>> places on the web.  However, when following perfectly reasonable-looking
>>> instructions, I keep finding that they don't work as described --
>>> usually because the relevant repositories have desappeared.
>> Have you followed this page? http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/4.0/INSTALL.txt
I've got to say - I just followed the instructions - they weren't perfect but
there was no way to ammend them (not a wiki and no comments section) to say what
I did - and it was weeks ago now so I don't recall.

All I can say is that I have a perfectly working sb1 install on Debian
(experimental-ish) that targets Diablo on x86 and ARM.

It can be done and it was, to be fair to Nokia, pretty easy :)

>>> Finally, debian lenny now has a package called scratchbox2.  The
>>> instructions I've seen all use variations on scratchbox 1.*.  Is that a
>>> sign the instructions are obsolete?  Or is scratchbox2 really a very
>>> different thing?
>> I'm afraid I don't know the answer to that. The Scratchbox website
>> suggests it's simply an evolution of Scratchbox 1.
>
> I found instructios somewhere that used scratchbox2, but I couldn't get
> them to work either.

sb2 is radically different to sb1 - like xen vs chroot.
They do the same thing but the command set and the technology is different.
They will co-exist though.

I had an earlier version of scratchbox2 working fine; I upgraded the .debs and
it stopped. I carried on using sb1 and haven't got round to trying sb2 again.

Maybe visit #maemo and I'll help if I'm around

David/lbt