I seem to have lost my GPS since I upgraded to Diablo.

Although /dev/pgps exists, /dev/pts/2 does not.

I have tried by using the Control Panel and GPS location. It never gets
beyond 'searching'....an hour should do!..

I have tried by launching gpsdriver.
I have tried by launching map. I removed and re-installed map. Same result.

Previously, one could start the gpsd daemon by executing
/usr/libexec/navicore-gpsd-helper in a terminal.

This started gpsd and you could see the NMEA output sentences.

Now executing that returns only " ptty name: /dev/pts/2" and ...nothing
else.

I have paired and tried my external bluetooth gps. It sticks at
'Searching' too, although I have found in the past that it is reasonably
faster than the internal unit in getting a fix.

Has anyone else seen this?

Does anyone have any ideas about what is happening and how to fix it?

Geoff