On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:50 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:22:42AM -0700, Erik Hovland wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Hendrik Boom <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > I wend out shopping for an 8GB SDHC card for my n800, and was surprised
>> > by the enormous range of prices -- almost an order of magnitude.  Of
>> > course there's issues of quality and brand-recognition, but the biggest
>> > difference seemed to be between the class of the card.  There were cards
>> > of class 2, class 4, ans class 6.  Now the class appears to be a matter
>> > of speed.
>> >
>> > Which class should I get?
>>
>> Anecdotal, so YMMV. But I have this 8GB card in my N800:
>> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820208293
>>
>> I bought it for roughly four times that price shortly after SDHC support was
>> announced.
>
> The class 6 8GB transend cards are available here in Montreal for
> $69.99(Canadian), about two or three times as much as on that web site
> once you count shipping and customs costs.  For quantity one the price
> difference probably isn't worth the hassle.

That seems a bit steep - Kingston Class 6 SDHC for $28.24 US here:
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-8gb-secure-digital-high-capacity-sdhc-card-class-6-kingston/q/loc/101/204333366.html
I've had nothing but good luck with Kingston so far.

This is what I have in my N800:
http://www.buy.com/prod/edge-8gb-proshot-sdhc-card-class-6-edge-tech-8gb-proshot-secure/q/loc/101/204734648.html
($30.99 US, about half what I paid for mine.) I've had zero problems with them.

> They also sell a 16G one for 139.99, or only 119.99 if you're willing to
> accept a card reader with it.  I don't know why the card reader has an
> effectively negative price.  It can't be *that* bad, can it :-?

I've never tried this brand, but 16Gb Class 6 on sale for $38.51 US right now:
http://www.buy.com/prod/a-data-16gb-turbo-sdhc-memory-card/q/loc/101/207959912.html