Hi,

Re-reading the original post seems to indicate that I encountered a
totally different issue than what was described. For me the all the
required packages were downloaded nicely, but the installation failed.
No idea why it failed, but the good thing is that nobody else has been
able to reproduce it.

On Tue, 2008-09-30 at 19:37 +0300, ext Marius Vollmer wrote:
> First try
>
>    # dpkg --configure -a

Marius and I suspect that if I had tried with 'apt-get -f install' or
'apt-get upgrade' immediately after or instead of the above command, I
would have been able to succeed in the installation. That can't of
course be verified anymore, as my device is working again.

The repository also got a minor changed in form of a symlink to guard
against potential installation failures like this one. If I hadn't had
my device configured with root login enabled, I would have been
reflashing the release instead. That's why there is a note recommending
backing up your stuff before upgrading :-).

Cheers,

        Patrik

--
Patrik Flykt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>