On Saturday 11 October 2008 12:43:06 John Holmblad wrote:
> All,
>
> fyi.  Yesterday I found this news clip from Cnet concerning the Sprint
> XOHM Wimax launch and it features cameos of the N810 including an
> showdown between it and the Iphone (download speeds over XOHM on the one
> hand and ATT HSDPA on the other). Bad news for team XOHM/Nokia: Team
> ATT/Iphone one (granted it was a sample of 1). Nonetheless it is nice to
> see the N810 ITWE in a live network.

could be a network issue, lost packages or something like that. that the
the browser have yet to get a proper handshake with the server.

and even then, something like a flash ad or similar on that cnet page would
send the browser into a near standstil if one is unlucky. and the cnet page
is probably loaded with javascript as well, adding more to the workload.

basically, even if the connection speed is fast, the device may be overloaded
with rendering. webkit is known for being a fast page render, and the gecko
engine isnt, even less so on the browser as it was frozen right before some
optimization work.

>     http://news.cnet.com/1606-2-50004011.html
>

> Early in the video the commentator picks up a ITWE with a wire attached.
> Hey,,,,,,,what's that I thought we were doing wireless here? Hopefully
> that was a power cord and not an antenna cord. However that suggests
> that battery drain might be an issue here. We shall see.

thats the correct location for the power cord iirc. and would make sense for
them to run the demo devices from a socket to avoid power issues in the
middle of a demo. the video playing seemed jumpy tho...