On Wednesday 24 December 2008 05:38:30 am Ryan Abel wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 2:34 PM, Tim Ashman <t...@ashmans.net> wrote:
> > I took a look, and it is marked as Low or won't do.  It is a shame since
> > that is  a show stopper for me.  I've been using the web interface on the
> > tablet but I now just have been ssh'ing to my home machine and running
> > kmail remotely to check mail.  It works and I don't have the issue with
> > seeing emails more than once.
>
> Currently Maemo bugs in Bugzilla are not properly triaged for priority
> (as that would require Nokia to actually pay attention to them and
> work them into their workflow), so don't take the priority as anything
> but an indication of what either the reporter or a community triager
> has set based on entirely arbitrary criteria.

Thank you for the explanation.  I wish Nokia or whoever needs to would just
make the older email client available to diablo users.  Let users pick.

This reminds me of Microsoft's problem.  They want people to switch to Vista
(windows 7) whatever but for alot of people XP will work for quite a while,
Microsoft isn't given them a chance to stay with the old.  It is all about
forcing a revenue stream, although in Nokia's case this isn't true since
diablo was a free upgrade, so it is something else with them, but the  end
result is people are forced to stay behind or go  forward with a solution
that isn't a nice.  I do realize that you can't keep everything working
forever on every new platform but Modest is missing some fairly important
pieces and doesn't seem geared towards a tablet users.

On a side note I've switched to using Panucci for my media player, why because
it has nice big buttons, and allows me to move the timeline around with one
touch of my finger instead of trying to grab, hold and slide the timeline
with the builtin media player.  I wish nokia gave us a way to remove the apps
we didn't want from diablo and replace them, memory is at a premium and
currently Modest and Media Player are just  wasting precious space.

tim