On Wednesday 11 February 2009 10:00:03 maemo-users-requ...@maemo.org wrote:

> When I try to connect to Debian or Kubuntu boxes from my N800 ssh
> hangs after successful authentication and eventually times out. They
> are running openssh 5.1p1. The N800 is running 4.7p1 and Diablo
> 5.2008.43-7
> Never had any problem with my 770. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Seems an odd one. I'd suggest getting some debug output on the target machine
to see if that shows up anything helpful.

kill the sshd daemon then run "sshd -d". then try again and see what comes out
(don't forget it only runs once in debug mode, so you'll need to restart it
normally afterwards).

The only thing that stands out in your debug output is that you're having to
type the password, so presumably you haven't copied your N800's public key to
the target machine?
--
Tony Green
Ipswich, Suffolk, England

* No Micro$oft products were used in the generation of this communication