Peter Flynn wrote:
> I have a nicely-running N800, but the apps I use are taking up most of
> the internal space. I want to add a couple of big ones (TeX is one) and
> I have plenty of space on SD cards. Is there a command for package
> installation that says, in effect, "install this all in /media/foo/bar
> and symlink it back to where you would normally have installed it"? Or
> some other way? I guess if I knew how to view the inside of a package I
> could work out where all the big stuff is expecting to go, and create
> symlinks in those places to the SD cards...or would that make the
> installer spit blood when it finds that symlinks exist where it expected
> to create new directories?

didn't look into it myself but I think if you find a way to bolt-on
unionFS (http://www.filesystems.org/project-unionfs.html) you can
achieve that - have a "base" system on built-in flash and the rest on SD
or whatever else you feel like. EeePC does that out-of-the box, and I
think it's a darn good idea - having stable OS underneath and having
easy roll-back plan (just wipe FS stacked on top of "base"). Good luck
with your search :)