they likely don't care about multi-tasking until you give a concrete example
of a multi-tasking scenario:  say, listening to mp3s while using IM.  Or,
switching between browsing, IM, and [your favourite iPhone app here].

concepts like multi-tasking tend to go over most people's heads until an
example that directly impacts them comes into play.

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info