Hi everybody,

I have started working on a new project called xPressent.

As a teacher, I work everyday with PDF slides on a laptop connected to
a projector. I used to have notes related to the slides on a printed
paper. With xPressent, you can remotely control the slides on the
projector, and see the slide preview and related notes on the IT
screen.

xPressent is composed of a server side, a simple full screen PDF
viewer using Python, Poppler and SDL, and a client side, the bluetooth
remote control, that runs on Maemo Devices (there's also a compact
.NET version, and a J2ME version coming).

To make it work, you create a .xpr file with the notes for the slides,
with the same name of the .pdf file, and run the xpressent server on
the laptop with the .xpr file as parameter. Them, you can start the
remote client on the internet tablet, and connect via bluetooth to the
server to change the slides and read the notes. The current slide and
notes are sent over the bluetooth connection. Don't forget to edit the
xpressent.conf file to add the remote bluetooth address to the list of
known addresses!

You cand find more information here:

https://devel.airadier.com/xpressent
https://garage.maemo.org/projects/xpressent-maemo/

This project is on-going work. I hope to have maemo packages ready
soon, but right now you can download the script and run it from
command line, or using some launcher.

Some other interesting features, like drawing over the slides or
virtual pointer from the remote are coming soon.

Hope you enjoy it!

--
  Alvaro J. Iradier Muro - airad...@gmail.com