Dmitry S. Makovey wrote:
> Question might be somewhat naive, but does anybody know if there is any
> chance of skype2 making it to N8x0 devices? It sure would be nice to be
> able to utilize built-in camera...

It certainly would...it's always puzzled me that Nokia built it in, but
it's basically redundant, as it's not usable for any application apart
from the camera app for taking stills, and Nokia's own chat which no-one
uses (unless I've missed something here).

I've been using Skype and Gizmo for a while, and the *transmitted* sound
quality of Skype appears to be superior to that of Gizmo, as tested by
calling the same set of contacts on both, within a 2-minute period on
several different occasions. I could hear them fine, but they said my
voice was broken up, and too strong in the treble range. I don't know
enough about audio programming or VOIP transmission to know if this is
an accident or something in the code.

///Peter