On Thursday 14 May 2009 11:56:35 karoliina.t.salmi...@nokia.com wrote:
> I think there is no telnet. Install and use ssh instead, it is better and
> more secure.

An answer to Gary's question would have been more useful.

Telnet is an important network troubleshooting tool, probably fourth in
importance after ping, traceroute and dig/nslookup.  For example, I often use
it when trying to work out why SMTP or POP or some other access is not
working correctly when I am using some random WiFi network somewhere: I
telnet to the desired host/port and look to see if it is being intercepted by
the ISP.

Unfortunately, I don't have it on my N810 and can't find a copy of it.  And
the times I need it are when travelling and so I have not got around to
porting it myself!

Graham