Hi,

I'd make sure that it is running the latest version of OS2008 (5.2008.43-7)
and you can check that by going to Control Panel > About Product. If it is
running that version, great but if not:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware (although if you updated
it, yourself, then it is already likely to be running the latest version.

I'd also check out Tear: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=28539

Have fun with the N800!

BR,
Faheem