On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:54 PM, Mark <wolfm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 3:49 PM, Kevin T.
> Neely<ktne...@astroturfgarden.com> wrote:
> > Note that the Palm Pre came out before the SDK was even readily
> available.
> > I'm not sure the SDK is a good metric.
> >
> You're comparing apples with oranges. The Palm Pre already has a
> complete PIM etc. as well as a suite of other finished apps right out
> of the box, and is intended specifically for consumers, not
> developers. Therefore, it will sell and is useful right out of the
> box. That is in sharp contrast to a device that needs to have a stable
> SDK well before its release in order to generate hype with the
> developers who will be buying it.

I'm doing nothing of the kind.  I took your metric: the SDK and simply
compared the two of them. Also, Mark is once again doing his famous argument
which is bring up one thing and then ignore it later.  He says the IT is not
for the end user and only for developers, then complains that it does not
have a mature and robust PIM system (something I have yet to be convinced
that it needs, but that is another discussion).

You can place one in the 'cons' column, but not both.  No double-dipping
allowed!

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info