I don't understand why that's such a big deal.  *all* hardware gets tossed
aside eventually.  Mobile just happens more often than others because the
development space is so fast.

If you want something that you can keep around for a while, get a big
desktop.  That probably has the longest shelf-life.  Still, the N900 will be
more-or-less open and hackable hardware just like the N800, so continued
development of other platforms will be based upon hobbyist interest, just
like everything else.

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:35 AM, sean <tech.j...@myfairpoint.net> wrote:

> Andre Klapper wrote:
>  > For your interest the Mer project aims to provide a community backport
> > of Fremantle for N8x0 devices.
> > See http://wiki.maemo.org/Mer for more information.
> >
> > andre
> >

> Is support for the 900 being considered in the development of Mer?
> I did not see it mentioned anywhere.
> Nokia will eventually toss it aside as well, like the previous models,
> and Mer will be the only upgrade path available.

In Vino Veritas
http://rubbernecking.info