On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 07:39:04AM -0400, hend...@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 09:15:57AM +0300, Kimmo Hämäläinen wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 01:58 +0200, ext Keywan Najafi Tonekaboni wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > thanks for your hints. I have a corrupted file called "map" which isn't
> > > readable.fsck thrown some errors and I let repair it. It seems ok again.

Note that dosfsck has a *nasty nasty* user interface issue where it asks
you about repairing changes and pretends that it is repairing changes,
while actually not changing anything on disk (or SD card).

You need to pass a special command line option to dosfsck to get it to
repair stuff.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/dosfstools/+bug/205206

Marius Gedminas
--
The moral of the story is that with a contrived example, you can prove
anything. Oops. No, that's not what I meant to say.