В Mon, 7 Dec 2009 14:04:18 -0800
Tim Ashman <t...@ashmans.net> пишет:

> I just received my n900 over the weekend and have been playing around
> with it. Like most new devices some things are better, some seem
> worse.  I thought I'd ask the group a couple of questions that I have
> to see if anything can be changed.
>
> 1. GPS/Maps seems to suck.  First I don't have a phone data plan and
> I'm not getting one.  WiFi for me.  So when I turn on GPS I leave the
> Assisted part off (network)  I can not ever get the gps to actually
> lock.  I've left it on for hours without touching it and it never
> locks.

Had same for me, while travelling. Would like to know the answer as
well...

> Also when I start up the maps app it asks me for a wifi connection
> and I get a little downloading data indication.  I have to cancel
> this not once but several times before the app gives up and really
> thinks I don't want to use data, or maybe it isn't available.
>
> So, first what is up with the GPS does it even work without the
> network connection.
>
> Second, it appears that once again nokia has screwed the pooch on the
> Map app, I would like to know if mapper ala (n810) is going to be
> available or is already.

It is there - I have it installed from extras-devel repo. A bit flakey
right now, but quite usable already.

> 2.  Camera Flash - When I take a picture using the flash the left
> half on the picture is always noticeably brighter to the point that
> the picture looks like crap.  I've tried this several different times
> in different lighting conditions with various results but everytime I
> can see the problem and it makes the flash unusable.  Is something
> wrong with my unit or is this just how it is.

Camera never actually left me disappointed - it does very good even in
darkness. Maybe I did not expect too much from it, but nothing like
above.

> 3. Contact Lookup using keyboard - So you can begin typing a contacts
> name from any desktop and the contacts app will popup and narrow down
> your name, works great the first time.  However the second time from
> any desktop nothing will happen.  I've figured out that the first
> time this happens the system opens the contact list but never closes
> it.  It the contact app is open then this feature doesn't work.  So
> I've been having to close the contacts app myself everytime so that
> this feature works.  Is this the intended functionality or a bug.

Works for me. If contact list is open but on bg, it switches to
Contacts app. If a contact is selected in the latter, the feature won't
work but I find that reasonable, that means that I havent' finished
with that contact. If Contact list is closed, it reappears.

But I have 41-10 so maybe a regression.

-Vitaly