On Friday 08 January 2010 10:34:32 Kahlil Johnson wrote:
> I try doing that but unfortunately didn't work for me it seems that when
> the N900 is on flashing mode the udev on my Linux box doesnt detectec it as
> a USB mass storage, and dont detect it at all. So the flasher timeout
> without locating the correct usb address.

I see similar problems (with Debian Testing running on both 32-bit or 64-bit
systems).  I am sorry to report that I have to use my (work provided) Windows
laptop to get reliable flashing (and, even then, I have to remove almost all
the existing USB devices and reboot Windows first, and tell Nokia PC Suite to
exit).

I will try to do some more testing later, get some logs and report this as  a
bug.  So far, I have only ever noticed it when I am in a hurry to get the
device reflashed and I just go back to using Windows!

Graham