Hi,

ext Ove Nordstrom wrote:
2010/5/26 Xavier Bestel <xavier.bes...@free.fr<mailto:xavier.bes...@free.fr>>
On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 17:59 +0300, Marius Gedminas wrote:
As usual, I didn't have enough free space on the rootfs, but the old
trick of disabling all application catalogues to free up the space
normally taken by apt package list caches worked fine.

The update felt rather slow (maybe ~30 minutes)

One of the slow things on SSU is optifying of the rootfs content.
If one instead flashes the rootfs, optifying happens on bootup.

and a bit scary (I was
afraid to plug in the USB cable to recharge during the process, probably
without any good reason).

All my contact icons on the desktop had disappeared after the first
reboot into the new OS.  They reappeared after the second boot.

Many of my contacts are duplicated now (apparently this has something to
do with Facebook chat support; I remember seeing a blog post about it).

The Extras Devel repository didn't work (404 not found errors) after I
reenabled it, until I changed the Distribution field to "fremantle" (it
was blank before).

AFAICS everything else works fine.

Did the same. It went rather well, but curiously when the device decided
to reboot by itself, when showing the blue-on-white Nokia logo, there
was also a sentence like "Device malfunction, will stop in 10s" in green
letters.

MALF sounds serious, it shouldn't happen with properly working device HW
(unless you had an issue on updating the bootloader/kernel/CMT or there
was some extraordinary condition like too hot device temperature, badly
connnected battery etc).

I re-powered it on and it seems it's all OK now.
Battery life hasn't improved much, it seems.

If you get MALF again on boot, I would suggest reflashing the device.

        - Eero