Gustavo Giampaoli a écrit :
we can have both packages :)
+1

Of course. It's the most "logical" decision.

But I think Graham means which office suite will be the "default" one
shipped in the installation media. I like the idea of supporting
LibreOffice. If anything goes wrong, you always can do an "urpmi
openoffice". It should be fast if LibreOffice and OpenOffice are,
right now almost the same thing. Packages for both should be almost
the same. Am I right?

Cheers!

Gustavo Giampaoli (aka tavillo1980)
____
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the go-openoffice version was the default and only version available on Mandriva, and not the officiel version from Sun (and now Oracle). Admittedly, the officiel version corrected bugs more quickly, but the go- version seemed to add more enhancements. I think that a large part of the problem with the officiel version was that Sun insisted on having a signed copyright assignment before any contribution - even for bug reports.
So my bug reports went to the go- version (or via Mandriva).

- André (andre999), long-time user of Openoffice (usually the officiel version).