Le 2010-10-01 07:23, Tux99 a écrit :
On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Fabrice Facorat wrote:

This is about making some decisions about some tools. Some of the
Mandriva tools have outdate UI, cluttered UI and even are sometimes
buggy.
The situation persists since many years already, so at some point we
should ask ourself : are we going to rewrite them, notably the UI, to
make them be more 2010, or should we use another tool with another
GUI.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the GUI of the draktools.

If imrpoving them means to rewrite them from scratch or replace them
with inferior tools from other distros, then that would be a big effort
and/or step backwards just for the estetics.

Substance counts a lot more than appearance to me.

P.S: cc'ing in both cooker and mageia lists is not a good idea as many
people are not on both lists so the discussion will just split in two

Ooops, Tux99, it also looks like your post has broken the thread on the dev side.

The thread probably best belongs on the dev mailist.

Marc